Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 12.07.2023 um 15:46:
Hi,

I attach a simple proposal to have a new optional boolean attribute, so
that it's possible to represent multi-page floating tables in ODF.

Could you please file an OASIS issue for me? I can't do that myself.

If there are any concerns, then I guess this list is the best place to
discuss that.

I think a new attribute in ODF is not needed. The desired layout of having a table in a text box which goes over several pages can already be written by using a chain of text boxes. Such chain is generated by the attribute draw:chain-next-name of the <draw:text-box> elements.

Using a chain of text boxes has the advantage, that the solution exists since 1.1 and therefore is highly backward compatible and interoperable.

LibreOffice could detect the situation on import, that the chained text boxes contain only the parts of the same one table, and import it into an internal representation, that is designed for a good export to Word.

Kind regards,
Regina