Hello,

this is about https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/156629

The patch is in a state now, that you can look, what I plan to do. Although there are still some parts to do. With my DML import you will get theme colors, multicolor gradients, true connectors and background of the canvas.

But I see principle problems:

Ink objects:
The Ink objects in MS Office use area fill of lines. Such does not exist in LibreOffice. The VML fallback has images for these kind of objects. The images are not available in DML import. Even when I import these freeform lines, the artistic filling is not possible.

Rotated shapes with rotated text:
The VML import uses the draw object label text and thus the text is rotated. My DML import uses the same import as in Writer. That means that text is in an associated frame and therefore cannot rotate.

So what to do? Go that way nevertheless? Give the user an option what kind of import he wants? Or?

Kind regards,
Regina