Hi,

Quoting David Tardon <dtar...@redhat.com>:

Note that it is possible it will never be needed by anyone. I have
already said I do not know of any existing XSLT filter that uses XSLT
2.0. But there was demand for it back in OO.o times and it was one of
the reasons for switch from xerces to saxon. Because I cannot prove such
filter does not exist, I did not just drop the code, but put it into an
extension, so we do not inconvenience people needlessly.

It sounds very suspiciously like YAGNI rule [1] candidate to me, in wich case we should probably just kill it or like Michael Stahl put it [2] ... kill it with fire.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_ain%27t_gonna_need_it
[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-September/038983.html

Regards
David