On 12/13/2012 10:48 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
I seem to have triggered a problem on the windows tinderbox, but I'm
struggling to understand why.
The error on the tinderbox looks like:

    [build LNK] Library/ires.lib
    Creating library
C:/cygwin/home/tinderbox/master-build/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/LinkTarget/Library/iembobj.lib

    and object
C:/cygwin/home/tinderbox/master-build/workdir/wntmsci13.pro/LinkTarget/Library/iembobj.exp

    docholder.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: long __thiscall
Rectangle::GetHeight(void)const " (__imp_?GetHeight@Rectangle@@QBEJXZ)
    referenced in function
__catch$?GetDocFrame@DocumentHolder@@AAE?AV?$Reference@VXFrame@frame@star@sun@com@@@uno@star@sun@com@@XZ$0

And the definition in gen.hxx looks like:

   class TOOLS_DLLPUBLIC SAL_WARN_UNUSED Rectangle
   {
   public:
      long                GetWidth() const;
      long                GetHeight() const;
  }
  inline long Rectangle::GetWidth() const
  {
  }

Firstly, there seems to be a missing inline statement in the class
header section.

The "inline" in the declaration of Rectangle::GetHeight should not strictly be necessary (though it would be good style anyway), but maybe the "TOOLS_DLLPUBLIC" on the enclosing class definition does make it relevant for MSC.

Stephan