On 02/08/2013 06:01 PM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
1) Try to limit API changes to the major releases (4.0, 5.0, 6.0 etc).

2) API changes in minor and micro releases are still considered only if
it's really really necessary. Otherwise, wait until the next major release.

I would weaken that to just one "really" for minor releases.

(Also, considering just major and minor releases, we do not have the mismatch problem between lexicographical order of release numbers and chronological order of releases. At least that is my understanding of how we plan releases.)

Stephan