Hi Joachim,

Joachim Langenbach píše v Po 06. 05. 2013 v 14:50 +0200:

> I'm also trying to build the LibreOffice SDK with MinGW. Goal is to connect
> an
> application compiled with MinGW to LibreOffice on Windows, Linux and may be
> other platforms. Since my attampts to cross compile LibreOffice are not very
> successfully, I have two questions, before investing more time in that.

What exact failures did you have, please?

> > So far the MinGW build is still a very experimental thing; I mostly use
> > that when I develop something Windows-only because I can still keep my
> > workflow, but as the binaries built with the MinGW SDK will be
> > incompatible with the LibreOffice release builds, I am not sure it makes
> > much sense to invest effort in that at this stage.
>
> Does it mean, that an application linked against the MinGW SDK, could not
> connect to a MSVC standard libreoffice installation?

I am afraid this is the case so far :-(

> And second, what are the alternatives of using the SDK to connect to
> LibreOffce
> (if an compiler switch to MSVC is not wanted)?

Basically the advice would be to use Java or Python I'm afraid.  But I
suppose you want to connect a C or C++ application to LibreOffice, is
that correct?  In that case getting the MinGW SDK working would be best.

But if your MinGW approach fails, you might experiment with actually
using the Python bridge from your C++ code using Boost.Python - that
will perform worse than direct C++, but will be able to connect even to
the LibreOffice built using MSVC.

Or (and that might be easier) create a small Python wrapper that calls
the functions / services you need from SDK, and provides your
application with a simple API, and you'd call functions of this wrapper
from your C++ code using Boost.Python.

> Ole connection may be used, but
> ole is not platform independent (or is it available under linux or MacOS?).
> Are there any other possiblities or have the SDK or OLE connection some other
> advantages and disadvantages?

I'd say here it depends on what exactly do you need to achieve...

All the best,
Kendy