On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 18:02 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Hi Caolán, all,
>
> 1)On converting Paragraph Tab Stop page (Format - Paragraph - Tabs) I
> get a MetricBox to display the tab position inserted by user.
>
>      MetricBox ED_TABPOS
>      {
>          HelpID = "cui:MetricBox:RID_SVXPAGE_TABULATOR:ED_TABPOS";
>          Pos = MAP_APPFONT ( 12 , 14 ) ;
>          Size = MAP_APPFONT ( 39 , 165 ) ;
>          Minimum = -5600 ;
>          Maximum = 5600 ;
>          DecimalDigits = 2 ;
>          Unit = FUNIT_CM ;
>      };
>
> Based on the wiki widget conversion page I tried a GtkComboBox as
> indicated. Is there a specific setting for the GtkComboBox to mimick the
> MetricBox (e.g. permanently open) as displayed in the old way?
> Otherwise, what widget should I use? Source files at

I wonder if we could just use a MetricField (rather than a MetricBox)
here instead. That was we already have the option of putting "-nospin"
at the end of the name to hide the up/down spin buttons. You would have
to change the code from MetricBox to MetricField in that case.

> cui/source/tabpages/tabstpge.*
>
> 2) The tab symbols on the right of the Types radiobuttons seems to be
> static. Is that true? (I can't check in CJK or RTL languages). If
> affirmative, what about replacing the class that draws them by a static
> image?

Well, they are "fairly" static. The current code uses Ruler::DrawTab to
draw the image, the advantage of keeping things as they are is that the
code could be taught to scale them to fit whatever size fairly easily.

C.