Hello again

So I didn't really find the time that I wanted to put on this but, I will at least try to
account for what I found out this far.

Caolán McNamara skrev 2013-11-05 13:59:
On Mon, 2013-11-04 at 17:07 +0100, Niklas Johansson wrote:
An other issue around this message box was the VclBox surrounding the
buttons, that gets the role FILLER but should probably have the role
PANEL. Changing the "sal_uInt16 VclBox::getDefaultAccessibleRole()
const" to return PANEL made NVDA read the dialog content when the dialog
got displayed.
After a closer look my suggestion above is wrong.

In general where I'm hoping to get to is that LibreOffice reports the
same sort of hierarchy and types for a .ui that gtk would if it was
rendering it. I *think* gtk defaults to PANEL for containers but FILLER
for GtkBox, which is where those defaults in layout.cxx come from.
Yep that is what we want. And I do believe that you are correct about the default roles. Looking closer (see below) at a messagebox created in glade you don't see any PANEL so question is do gtk use a container to group it's labels and override the default roles
or does it use something else?

I did the same and looked in Accerciser at the complete accessibility tree:
- frame
  - alert
    - filler
      - filler
        - icon
        - filler
          - label
          - label
        -filler
          - push button
          - push button

Sorry for not being able to report anything more interesting at this time. I probably need to let this rest for a while and concentrate on translation for LibreOffice 4.2.

/Niklas