I am developing a ready-out-of the-box, open source virtual remote
desktop platform and would like to investigate its deployment in school
systems.  My assumption is that most schools are using proprietary
technologies (Mac/PC) for the most part and that a switch to Linux based
platforms would bring cost savings.  However, I know very little about
the current technology setups in schools near me – let alone schools
elsewhere in the U.S. (where I'm based) or the world.  I would like to
hear from people who have kids, what does their school technology setup
look like?

Thanks!

--
Aaron E-J