I wonder how much money it took for the FSF to finally sell out.

"Grassroots:
Purism, makers of fine free hardware"

https://libreplanet.org/2018/sponsors

Purism isn't free hardware, their computers use standard non-owner controlled intel chipsets/cpus with a not actually disabled ME and all the hardware initiation is performed by binary blobs.

Here is a post that explains it better than I can.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/3anjgm/on_the_librem_laptop_purism_doesnt_believe_in/

Purism pretends it is impossible to make free hardware and claim that they are doing the best they can, so let us contrast them to companies like Raptor Computing Systems (TALOS 2) and Bunny Labs (Novena) who have produced real owner controlled libre hardware.