Jacob Hrbek via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
I hate that the FSF is a major bad actor when it comes to an open-source
hardware
as it's actively forcing proprietary garbage on me and complicating my life.

There is really not much to celebrate if you then work on sabotaging all the
good
work you've done for the computer science.
I'd like to understand what you're saying in order to foster a productive and understanding conversation, but it's hard to understand what you're referring to without clear examples of what you're talking about, preferably with links to where I find information to back up the claims made and preferably without the name-calling. I see no such evidence in your post. Would you be willing to post in this way to this mailing list?

Perhaps you didn't understand that the Free Software Foundation (FSF) doesn't represent "open source" anything. These two groups have different philosophies that sometimes say diametrically opposed things even as the two groups approve of almost the same set of licenses. https://www.fsf.org/philosophy says that the FSF is "currently reorganizing our philosophy section" but the essay I was looking for, "Why Open Source Misses the Point of Free Software" is at https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html instead. That essay makes it clear that:
The terms “free software” and “open source” stand for almost the same range of
programs. However, they say deeply different things about those programs, based
on
different values.

I didn't followup to all of the mailing lists you posted this response to because I don't think all of those mailing lists are appropriate for this discussion. I picked the one list of the set where I thought where such an evidence-based discussion could be had.