Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:33:20 -0700
From: "Nick Carrigan (Volt Computer)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Using Cell phone with my Libretto.


I just picked up a 3Com Megahertz GSM/AMPS Cellular 56k modem ($179 -
Outpost.com)
Bought the cable thru 3Com for $80 for my Nokia 6160 

Everything works great (9600bps)

-Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: bcotton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 6:31 PM
To: Libretto
Subject: Using Cell phone with my Libretto.


Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 21:26:23 -0400
From: "bcotton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Using Cell phone with my Libretto.

It is that time of year again when I do bicycle touring with my GPS and
Libretto. For anyone not here in previous years, this website has
pictures.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/bcotton/tripmate.htm
I will lead a group to travel by commuter train from Philadelphia to
Long
Island and return via New London Ct August 11 to August 14. ( I will
include
you address on the route Pres Waterman, and stop by)
I am ready for the next step in GPS bicycling, I now use the eMap GPS by
Garmin..
The Race Across America by bicycle started yesterday. They have
transponder
on the bicycle so that by logging on their webpage, you can see on a map
the
icon for each rider.
http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/
>From my present setup, I only need to be able to dial out.The modem
that I
have is a Motorola Montana. The manual list a cell phone cable for about
$80
that only works with a Startac analog phone.
I see that digital phones has a 9 pin series cable for the computer. I
am
using that interface for the moving map. So it seems that an interface
to
the PC modem should work for me.
I am looking for suggestion. I now have a Nokia 918 analog cell phone.
// Bill Cotton: Latitude N40� 02.867', W75� 09.105'
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// www.billcotton.com
// http://ourworld.Compuserve.com/homepages/bcotton/homepage.htm
// http://membersdelphi.con/billcotton
// www.homestead.com/billcotton/






**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...

**************************************************************




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to