Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:18:26 -0700
From: "Bill Childers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Large hard disk in Libretto 70CT

Weird.  All I had to do was install the drive with the ghosted OS, boot from
a floppy, and do a "sys c:".

But Ghost should've copied the boot sector - oh well.

-- Bill



-----Original Message-----
From: neil barnes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 12:51 AM
To: Libretto
Subject: Re: Large hard disk in Libretto 70CT


Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 00:47:02 PDT
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Large hard disk in Libretto 70CT

Um...I've seen this before on a friend's 70. The only way we got it fixed
was to fdisk/format the 6G drive on a CT50. Weird!

Neil


>From: "Bill Childers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Reply-To: Libretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Libretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Large hard disk in Libretto 70CT
>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:46:03 -0700
>
>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 22:40:53 -0700
>From: "Bill Childers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Large hard disk in Libretto 70CT
>
>Hi,
>Just got my Libretto 70CT, and I'm trying to shoehorn in another hard disk.
>It came with the IBM 1.6, and I've got a IBM 3.2 and a 6.4 here.  The 3.2
>slides right in and the Libretto recognizes it and fires right up.  The 6.4
>continually gives me "system file not found" errors.  I've got the same
>image of the OS "ghosted" on both drives, and the 6.4GB drive boots fine
>when hooked to a desktop via an adapter.
>
>The 70 is on BIOS revision 6.40.  I can swap the 1.6 and the 3.2 with no
>problem.
>
>Has anyone seen this?  If so, what's the fix?
>
>Thanks,
>Bill
>
>
>
>
>**************************************************************
>http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
>http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
>http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
>                  -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
>           --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
>Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
>**************************************************************
>

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...
**************************************************************




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to