Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:54:56 -0700
From: "Shepardson, John D." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: in  car power supply

Hello Folks,

I was the one that posted the bit about hard wiring the
lib 50 into my car.  Sorry but I can't bicker during
the weekend because my net connection is at work.

I am sorry if I offended anyone by not knowing more
about all the cheap electronic components you guys think
protect your computers when you buy those cheap dc
converters that go into your cigarette lighters.

Have you ever taken those things apart?  They are
genuine pieces of crap.

You want to know what else I do to my libretto?

I mount it on my motorcycle.  I'll send you pictures
if you like.  I have hit bumps so hard that the lib jumped
up into the air and fell into my lap.  I later tied it
down with bungee cords in addition to the velcro patches.

And guess what?  I have ridden through terrible rain
storms with it.  Lightening even.  I have had that libby
soaked so bad the keyboards would only print out stuff
like ';;;;;)))))))UJUUOkkk' for three or four days until
it dried out.  I later made a rain jacket out of some
plastic bags but it's still hard to keep moisture out in
75 mph winds.

Oh yes, through all of those 50,000 miles the screen has
been up and exposed to direct sunlight and the screen is
still pretty readable.

And, as far as what the libretto needs in terms of power
supply, you only need about 13.5 volts to initialize the
power supply.  Those of you who use two 1.5 volt boost
batteries in addition to a 12 volt battery only need one.
Once initialized, you need anywhere from 11 to 15 volts to
run the lib (at least my 50).  I can't charge the Lib
battery from my bike because the voltage is only around
13.9 volts.  You need something like 14 to 15 I suppose
for that.

And don't bother to argue electronics with me because
I am far too ignorant for that.  I promise I will set
aside an hour this week to feel guilty for all of the
anguish that I have put my poor Libretto through.

John Shepardson




**************************************************************
http://libretto.basiclink.com - Libretto mailing list                
http://libretto.basiclink.com/archive - Archives
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/portable/faq.html - FAQ         
                 -------UNSUBSCRIBE-------                            
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribe 
            --------UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
Use above but add DIGEST to the subject line...                           
**************************************************************

Reply via email to