Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:49:57 -0400
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: L110 - Win2k - 2 issues

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Nedved" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:45 PM
Subject: L110 - Win2k - 2 issues

> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:40:10 -0400
> From: David Nedved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: L110 - Win2k - 2 issues
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just upgraded my Lib110 (64MB, 30GB HD) to Win2K and I have to say that
> so far I am very impressed.  Very good driver support in general, and very
> few issues.  Much improved reliability.
>
> Now for the down side - I have two problems remaining.  First is that it
> won't automatically shut it self down.  I upgraded BIOS to 8.1 and made
> sure that I had installed the Toshiba Power Extensions from the Toshiba
> site, but it still hangs at the screen saying "It is now safe to turn
> off your computer".  I know it's APM BIOS, but how do I make it shut off?

You have to update the BIOS before install the Win2K so that it will install
as ACPI computer rather than standard computer. There is a hack that you can
go to device manager and click the item under Computer and update its driver
to Advanced Configuration and Power Interface PC which will basically
re-install your win2k to use ACPI.

> Second, is there a Win2K driver available for the PCMCIA floppy drive?
> If so, I couldn't find it on Toshiba's site or by letting Win2K detect
> it... not a big deal since nobody uses floppies these days, but just
> thought I would check...

Libretto Win2K floppy driver is built in Win2k. It should auto detect it.
Make sure you installed Win2K SP2.