Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:11:15 -0500
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Partition locations?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Kalos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: [LIB] Partition locations?

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:55:00 -0500 (EST)
> From: Chris Kalos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Partition locations?
>
> I've got a 12GB (or is it 20?) drive in my L110.  Where exactly do I set
> the partitions to leave room for hibernation?

Use your lib to create the primary parition using DOS and FDISK. It will
create a maximum partition around 8GB. Do not use Win2k to create the
primary parition or partition it outside of Lib. Leave 100 to 200 MB after
the primary partition and you can create the second parition on rest of the
disk. I use Win2000's disk manager to create a partition of 200MB after the
primary partition and leave it unformatted. Then I create another partition
that takes the rest of the disk space and format it.

> Also, is there a way under Win2000 to merge the two resulting partitions
> into a single drive?

Yes, you can use Win2000's disk manager to mount any volume(partition) into
another volume's empty folder.

Lawrence