Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:15:15
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] List problem?

>Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 20:22:05 -0600
>From: "phillip ramirez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: [LIB] List problem?
>
>Nope but yes a pic can contain executable code packaged in the jpg
>itself.. Its how irc virus's are trasnmitted.. Anyway no virus on my
>end.. I didn’t open the att file.. What the heck what will it hurt? Haha
>I have a 20 gig hard drive waiting to go in this thinkpad haha

Can you explain further please? AFAIK there's nowhere in a jpg file
structure to carry executables, or even any quantity of extra data. This is
not to say of course that just because it *says* it's a jpg that it really
is, or that the data enclosed is really a picture...but it won't execute
itself, it will just fail to be opened by the graphics software.

I also thought that most IRC viruses were script viruses? Maybe I'm behind
the times :)