Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 04:02:17 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] L100/110 8.10 BIOS & 8GB Limit

>Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:54:47 -0800
>From: "Donald T. Stewart, MD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> >> Turns out this guy has somehow used ghost to get his L100 to see 10GB
>(his currently installed drive), ostensibly w/o drive overlay software.,<
><<
>
> >In that case, my guess would be that it's Ghost that is able to see
>beyond 8.~GB, not the BIOS.< <
>
>It is Ghost. When I upgraded to a 12 G HD a year ago, the same thing
>happened.  The problem with this is that once Ghosted, you can not use
>Partition Magic on the HD to repartition and hide  the area over 8G that
>the bios uses to sleep in.
>
>Does anyone know of repartitioning software that is compatible with a
> >drive that has been Ghosted?

Do you want to keep the ghosting on the HDD?  If not, "FDISK /MBR" MAY
restore the original MBR.  Or ghost backup everything, delete everything
with PM or FDISK, create new partitions, and restore from Ghost files.  I'm
probably out to lunch here... and may have missed commentary on all this...
but hey, this is therapy ;-P   We're in the 21st century.  What can I say?

Matt