Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:45:13 -0500
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] PCMCIA TO USB FOR CT50

Unfortunately there is no16-bit PCMCIA USB cards. Reason been (1) 16-bit
PCMCIA bus can not really sustain 12 mbps bandwidth of the USB requirement
and more importantly (2) all the USB controller chipsets are designed to fit
in PCI bus where 32-bit CardBus directly based on. In fact the CardBus USB
cards usually use the same chipset as those used in PCI USB adapter cards.
No body want to waste money to redesign the chips to work on ISA based
PCMCIA bus.