Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 06:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Replacement  battery cell

On Tue, 23 April 2002, Pres Waterman wrote

> Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:30:36 -0400
> From: Pres Waterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Replacement  battery cell
>

> > I have a L100 battery with one dead cell. It's
Panasonic CGR17670HC..
> > Have anyone had any success buying it? If yes, for
how much?

> It is just about impossible to buy Lithium-Ion cells
unless you are a
> manufacturer. Best thing is to buy a new battery,
keep the old cells, and
> use them as spares.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pres Waterman W2PW
> c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
> Long Island Ford and Kia dealer
>
> GO BILLS!
> Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!
> ©?©

Actually, what you might do is pick up an L50/70
battery on ebay and just swap out the internals.
Several people have done this with no problems. You
just have to carefully pry the case open, remove the
old cells, replace with the fresh unit and re glue the
case. I think a little epoxy is the recommended
solution. You will need to slightly modify the inside
of the L100 case to accept the battery stick, but
otherwise no problems. Significantly cheaper than
buying a fresh L100 battery, which can run you at least
60, usually around 100.