Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 10:11:51 +0000
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: overlay programs [LIB]

>Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 03:06:30 +0700
>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: overlay programs  [LIB]
>
>I'm asking if there's a way to deliberately prevent Win'95/98 seeing the
>partitions, but which would not prevent Win'2K seeing the whole drive (I'm
>thinking it ought to be automatic, whichever OS you choose to boot, gets to
>see what is appropriate).

I'm guessing here - but as you have to partition the disc anyway, to allow
space for the hibernation, why not format the first 8G as fat32 and the
second 12G as HPFS (or whatever the NT file format is)?

If you have a boot loader, W98 will never see the later partitions, while
W2k will see both.

I think!

Neil