Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:45:53 +0100
From: Andy Lawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: spoofing (was Re: [LIB] W32.Klez.gen@mm virus floating around
        ?)

Keith wrote:
> >Looks like someone on this list has a computer that is
> spoofing MY email
> >address ... I've just received more bounces claiming I sent
> a virus to
> >other people ... problem is I've searched my hard drive for
> occurrences of
> ---------snip----
>
> FWIW - I too have received a number of such bounced emails;
> although as it is
> not to the email address I use for the list; I don't think it
> is connected as
> such.
<snip>

I had one of those "bounces" as well - they are not genuine bounces.  If the
ones you guys had were the same as mine then it's not your address that's
being spoofed but the "from" address - they're not really from
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  In fact they're just standard Klez emails and
it doesn't mean that you have sent the virus to someone else.
...Andy