Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:02:07 -0600
From: Martin Wedel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re[2]: [LIB] Wireless Libretto

Hello WillsEmailBox,

Wac> Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:47:56 EST
Wac> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wac> Subject: Re: [LIB] Wireless Libretto

Wac> In a message dated 1/10/2003 3:39:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Wac> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>> I recommend the "5 dBi Magnetic Mount Omni Antenna" from
>> fab-tech.corp. http://www.fab-corp.com/pdf/minimag.pdf
>>

Wac> How much should I be looking to spend for something like so?

I think I paid around 65$ including the antenna and a pigtail to mate
to my orinoco. It's a bit more then you can find some flat panel
directional ants, but I do wireless security as part of my job, and this is the best
all-around antenna I've ever used.

For general 'war driving' I picked up around 2 times more APs with it
as I did with a pair of 12dbi panels (obviously partly because it's an
omni), plus it's a lot less conspicuous and easier to mount. :) Money well spent.

Also, you might want to check the netstumbler.com forums, I believe there was a
company on there (maybe even fab-tech) that was giving discounts on this ant if you
mentioned
netstumber.

--
Best regards,
 Martin                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]