Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 10:52:28 -0500
From: "Lines, Nick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Overclocking 100ct - the easy way

>But I've been wondering just how one would go about o/cing the L100 to 233.

>From Xin's page, it looks like you'd have to break a connect between the
two
>center pairs of solder points,

Yep, that looks right.  Put me right off!  Hence I went for 266 ;-)
as that's easily un-doable if I had problems.

>Not having been in there, I'm not sure what it would involve.

The "lump" is around 2mm in size.  I don't know if it's a resistor or
diode or whatever.  You would have to desolder it IMHO, rather than
just "cut" it or try to hack it off.  I don't have the skills or
steadiness of hand to attempt that.

>in the Florida heat, I'm wondering if this Libby is going to put up with
>clocking to 266.

Yeah yeah rub it in why don't ya?  I think many people are running
this throughout the world.  It *is* a risk, and only you can decide
if the improved performance is worth that risk.  If you're careful,
it would be easy to undo the connection by just scraping off the
connection that you've made.  At least, that was my first backup
plan.  The second backup plan was to use the replacement mobo out
of my "spare" 100ct with the slightly knackered screen :-D

Cheers,
Nick.