Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:27:04 +0000 (GMT/BST)
From: Digby Tarvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto #135

> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:39:18 -0500
> From: "Tom Wilmore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: [LIB] Libretto #135
>
> I'd forget the first link too unless you want to rebuild the complete
> machine.  The hard drive has been wiped.
>
> Of course, perhaps that is exactly what you want...

I would imagine a clean install of the OS would be the first thing
you would do with any second hand system. Otherwise who knows what
state is has been left in. In fact I would do that with a new system,
just to make sure I new how to resurrect it before I came to rely on it.

To use it as a backup machine, I would have to replace the hard disk
if it was less than 20GB, and then just duplicate the content of
my current machine onto it.

I don't use Windows in any case, so what is on the disk is not
going to be of much concern, except maybe to allow an initial
checkout of the hardware.

Regards,
DigbyT
--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cthulhu.dircon.co.uk