Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:02:07 -0600
From: john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] >8GB HDDs in Libs without drive overlay

At 04:26 PM 2/26/2004, you wrote:

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:26:08 +0000
From: "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: >8GB HDDs in Libs without drive overlay

I really don't get that. How does the MBR EZ-Drive backed up, and then restored, know where all the partitions are? That backed up MBR should have been the one made when I 1st installed the HDD, FDISKed it for a 2GB C: partition, formatted it, and copied over the x:\Win98 installation folder from a CD-ROM with the 40GB HDD in a desktop. That old MBR shouldn't know anything past 8GB.

I really shouldn't explain this because the computer geeks will whine about proprietary crap but its common knowledge but all ezbios does is install an INT 13 bios extension and Windows programmers do the same thing.

john
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
\