Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:52:00 +0000
From: "Matt Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] [OT] Battery cells <correction

From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sorry, I don't mean to be mean about this but shouldn't that be 1500-1600mAh LiIon cells? I don't think the charging circuit in the libretto can handle NiMH.

Oh man.... stack up insomnia, sleep deprivation, and blurry vision and you have a head that's computing worse that a corrupted Win3.11 system. 8-0 Yes... LiIon cells, as it says on the Sabah Oceanic web page.

Of course the other thing to remember is you've got these in parallel so the effective capacity of the whole pack will be 3000-3200mAh which is still an improvement over the original capacity ...

OH!.... Really? So the pack strings 2 sets of 3 cells in series, and then connects those 2 sets in parallel eh? I've never been in there to see just how they're connected.

So that means that the cells in the original L50-70 small battery pack may have been as small as a capcity of 800-1000mah? As I see the larger packs for 50-70-100-110 are rated at 2400mah, meaning the individual cells would be rated at 1200mah.... yes/no?

Sabah Oceanic have the cell dimensions there ... the cells in my Libretto pack were Panasonic CGR17670HC which are 17mm by 67mm, the current replacement stocked by Sabah are CGR17670HG which are the same size but a tiny bit shorter.

Okay.... great. Thanks for ironing that out for me Raymond. And at US$7.40 per cell x 6 = US$44.40 + shipping. So a lot better price than the $10/cell I'd been reading in recent posts. And if Saba will still weld them for you, that sounds the deal.

Matt

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/