Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 22:26:53 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Question on W2000 & partitioning

> Is there no way of installing W98 onto another
> partition >after< installing W2K, and then getting W2K
> to dual-boot both?  I've put in so many hours setting

  It should be possible.  I thought it was something like install w2k first.
create another primary bootable partition, make that active, hide all other
partitions.  Reboot, install win98 into that partition.  Run the 2000 emergency
boot disk, restore the windows 2k boot loader, modify the boot.ini file (or
whatever the w2k file is called) to include the w98 partition, and off you go.

  Of course, it's made a whole lot easier if you simply use a boot loader like
Boot Magic or XOSL (Free).

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/