Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 18:52:12 -0600 (GMT+6)
From: john <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] external ibm travelstar pcmcia max hdd size

that doesn't really matter. it can be even more but software won't see it.

john

Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:57:53 -0700
From: Tory Braybrook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:09:51 -0800 (PST)
From: John Musielewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

200 gig as far as I know.

Sure about that? IDE up to ATA-100 standard has a max address limit of ~127 gb. The ATA-133 introduced 48bit addressing, which fixes that, and current controllers all use the new standard. Something originally intended for 10gb drives will almost certainly be limited to the old standard.

Tory