Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:46:08 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] CF Card & Libretto

Tony, I have a L100CT that I have used for at least 2 years with a 1 Gig
IBM micro drive and W98SE. This is a CF size drive with a PCMCIA
adapter. It has never done this in my Libretto, but it would crash my
desk machine running Win98SE on boot (I have a PCMCIA drive in my
desktop). I have since gone to W2000 on the L100CT, so I can no longer
check it. But the IBM drive does not crash in the L100CT with W2000
either. I also have a 15M CF card that I have used exactly like you do,
and I cannot remember it ever crashing the L100CT, but I can't say for
sure I booted with it in the L100CT.

I also have a Sony MS adapter and multiple size MS flash cards that have
been used in the L100CT without ever crashing it. Again, I believe I
booted up while I had W98SE installed, but I can't be certain.

I get no error message on my desk machine when it fails to boot, it just
sits there with a black screen until I pull the flash card and reboot.

It would be interesting to know what the problem is.

Dick Sullivan

Question:

If I leave the CF in the Libretto and re-boot Windows 98, Windows 98SE
crashes.  I remove the CF card, reboot and all is fine.  Once Windows is
booted I can insert the CF card and Win98 sees it just fine.  I've tried
it with CF cards that are 64mb, 128mm, 512mb, and 1 gb.  Same problem.
Windows 98 won't boot with the CF card in place.

The message I get is that there is a problem with the STACKS and to
increase it.  No mater what I do with the STACKS command in the
CONFIG.SYS file Win98 crashes on boot with a CF card inserted into the
PCMCIA slot.

Any ides?

Tony Oresteen
Montverde, FL