Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 11:31:12 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto floppy drive install?

In a message dated 5/1/2005 12:16:53 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > > I put win98se in my L100, and now I have a slight problem; how do I
> >install
> > > the
> > > floppy drivers? I downloaded the toshiba floppy .exe. file and ran it,
> >it did
> > > something but the drive still doesn't work. What should I do next, it
> >seemed
> > > install/copy something thru windows command prompt but it seems that the
> > > drivers don't still work. Please tell me very explicitly what to do
> >next,
> > > it's
> > > been a very long time since I've had to install drivers the "win95/98
> >way"
> > >
> > > -John
> > >

> >IIRC, the Toshiba W98 FDD driver is a zipped file that, when unzipped,
> >contains a readme file with explicit instructions on driver installation.
> >As I
> >recall, it's not completely straightforward.  You may need to delete
> >whatever may
> >have showed up in Device Manager from your first attempt before proceeding.
>
> * Remove anything in Window's Device Manager that may have a yellow/black
> error icon.
> * Unpack the "Toshiba Windows 95 Controls for Libretto 100CT ' driver file
> l100ctrl.exe for your L100 (found on Toshiba USA support pages) with the
> file FDCMON.VXD in it to a folder
> * Shut the system down
> * Connect the floppy drive
> * Boot the system.
> * When the "New Hardware Found" window pops up, select the "Search for
> drivers" option (I think it is).
> * On the next window, >make sure the option to search the A: floppy drive is
> >disabled<< (or you'll be waiting forever).  At the bottom of the window
> you can browse to the folder where you put the Lib controls drivers, and
> select it.  Then just proceed with the process and you should be set.
>
> Toshiba support & downloads:
>
> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp
>
> Yes... Windows 95 seems a bit odd.
>
> Matt

Am I mistaken in assuming that what's needed is the Windows 98 floppy disk
driver, listed only under the L110CT drivers on the Tosh support pages?  I
don't
believe that the W95 FDD driver will give the functionality needed under W98.

Lee