Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:26:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] DVD playing project

bonjour!

   well, the DVD isn't going to play that great on the L110 or older models -
I've tried, and it's like 10-15 frames per second even with a good player like
WinDVD.  Just not enough processing power.  Best way is to convert the DVDs
into some other format like Divx, Xvid, VCD, SVCD, etc. so that you can play
them on the Librettos.  eg. VCD video for sure played fine even on my L50/J
overclocked to 100Mhz, so you can rest assured that you'll be able to play back
something.

   Typical way would be to use DVDx 2.3 to convert the DVD to something above.
Use DVD Decrypter as needed to rip the DVDs first and/or use AnyDVD to do the
ripping on the fly.h

   www.videohelp.com has lots and lots of talk on this, esp. in forums.

   same with virtualdub.org -> forums.

salut!

adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/