Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:26:18 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Enhanced Port Replicator Problem

From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Could either be a bad port replicator, bad connection between the two, or
simply corrupted registry/software settings that is causing the problem.

Can't tell unless you test the port replicator on another Libretto or restore
W2K to a known working backup copy and/or wipe & reinstall the OS.

Ahh... this is a good example of what David has been a champion of through the years... imaging the drive after a successful OS installation. I'll use Ghost to make an image right after a fresh OS installation, then another after getting most hadware drivers and basic applications set up, and then a 3rd whan I've gotten all the software I use set up, and the system cmnpletely tweaked. If any problems develop somewhere along the way or afterwards, it's just a matter of a minute or two to reload one of the images.

Also, check the Libretto Maintenance Manual linked on my site below for
additional diagnostic hints.

Philip was one of our resident W2K gurus here on the list, but we haven't heard from him in a while. Though this may be a bit too unique fir him to have seen.

You could also try posting the problem to the Toshiba Notebook forum on Compuserve. There are a number of people over there who may know more about W2K issued, specificaly in the "Windows XP Pro-Server-2000-NT Support" forum.

Windows XP Pro-Server-2000-NT Support:
http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ws-winprohelp

Hmm...Compuserve has done some restructuring. I guess Toshiba notebook support has been included in the "Laptop Computing" forum:
http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?webtag=ws-laptop

Matt

Wanted: 110 motherboard or bare bones 110 system

Libretto list info: