Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:52 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] OT: Video problems w/Toshiba Satellite 1415-S105

From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We're having problems getting a Toshiba Satellite 1415-S105 to play DVDs from the DVD-ROM drive after upgrading the OS from WinME to WinXP. I don't know if anyone on the list has seen this problem. But Windows Media Player is complaining there's no DVD disk in the drive.

And Touchstone InterActual Player 2.0 complains:

  "Playback failed due to a problem with the video subsystem.
     Lowering the color depth may fix the problem"

But changing the resolution doesn't seem to have any effect.

I suppose I need to take this issue to a video support forum... but I just thought I'd try here 1st.

I should have added the fact that the system sees the drive fine. It comes up in My Computer and Windows Exporer fine, and we're able to copy files from inserted disks to the HDD. But for some reason the DVD players don't see the drive as being there. The menu option in WMP to start VCD/DVDs is grayed out and disabled. Some system/driver/software problem somewhere along the way.

Matt

Wanted: 110 motherboard or bare bones 110 system

Libretto list info: