Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 23:44:23 -0400
From: "Tony Oresteen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Mouse on Libby 100CT!  Bluetooth

I finally found a solution to using a mouse on Libretto 100CT (233MHz, 64MB
ram).  OS is Win98 SE

The pointing device on the screen is one I can not stand.  So I have been
carting around a port replicator just to plug in a PS/2 mouse.  I have
considered wiring in the PS/2 port as others had done but decided to pursue
other options first.

I first tried a USB PCMCIA card and a USB mouse.  Did not work; the USB card
did not provide enough power.  To get the USB mouse to work I had  to plug
in a PS/2 power cord to power the USB card.  To get a PS/2 port I had to use
the port replicator so why bother with the USB mouse?

Next I tried a serial card and serial mouse.  The CF serial card (Socket) in
a PCMCIA adapter didn't work.  Socket said that their serial cards would not
work with serial mice.  I guess I could have looked for another  PCMCIA
serial card but why buy a card that I already had?

Third try is the charm!  I bought a Belkin CF/PCMCIA Bluetooth adapter and
the IOgear mini Bluetooth mouse.  It works with Windows 98 SE!!!!!!!!!!

Now I don't need to carry the small port replicator anymore!
Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Belkin software was difficult to get loaded.  The CD does NOT autorun.
It requires a 200MHz Pentium so if you have a 166mhz 100CT time to over
clock it.  It runs in 64MB of ram (prefers 128 but hey, Libby 100 is limited
to 64.

Now I have Bluetooth on my Libby!

When I was looking for a PCMCIA Bluetooth card I noticed that some would run
only on Win2K or XP.  The Belkin card works with Win98SE.

I prefer CF cards in PCMCIA adapters as they are usually LOW POWER devices
as many PDAs use CF cards and power is an issue.

Tony Oresteen
KG4SPA
Montverde, FL