Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:41:18 +0100
From: Philip Nienhuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] connecting camera to lib70ct

Tim de Jong wrote:
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 19:36:16 +0100
From: "Tim de Jong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Tim de Jong wrote:

Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:54:41 +0100
From: "Tim de Jong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: connecting camera to lib70ct

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to get photo's of my camera to the lib70ct. I've

tried

an usb pcmcia card but that one is 32bit and not supported. I think there
are to ways to accomplish this. Get an pcmcia card reader or pcmcia usb
card.

I use linux on my libretto and my camera is an sony P73. Does anyone know

if

it's possible to use an memory card reader which supports linux on the
lib70ct or a supported pcmcia usb controller?

Get a PCMCIA CompactFlash adapter for about $10 US.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/CompactFlash-CF-Type-II-2-I-PCMCIA-Adapter-Reader-NEW_W
0QQitemZ8754446199QQcategoryZ3710QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

Too bad my camera doesn't eat compact flash but sony memory sticks.....
Or do you know of any pcmcia memory stick readers which are linux
compatible?

Yes. I got a pcmcia to SD+MMC+memory stick+another-card-format-I-forgot converter (a 4 in 1) from my local photo supply store down the block for about EUR 25,-. And as linux perceives all these pcmcia to <any format> converters as ide devices, all modestly recent linux versions should be able to read them out-of-the-(linux)box.

In rare cases only you might need to add a stanza in /etc/pmcica/config

P.