Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:49:09 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Toshiba 100GB suggestions..?

> I have done a quick survey of local vendors and found the following
> drives which are listed as compatible on the adorable libretto site:
>  Seagate ST9100824A 5400RPM UK 111.60
>  Toshiba MK1031GAS  4200RPM UK  95.77
>  Fujitsu MHU2100AH  5400RPM UK 112.77

   I've got the Seagate 100GB and it's a nice model - esp. so given their 5
year warranty (best in the market, in the USA anyways).  Solid product and I'm
satisfied with them.

   Keep in mind that you should also look at each drive's power ratings for
spin up, read, write, and sleep.  The drives that use more will result in
shorter battery life, but perhaps in exchange for faster performance.  It will
be something to keep in mind.

    Also, drives that use more power in these operations tend to run hotter.

    www.tomshardware.com and others sites have good reviews on 100GB HDs.

    Myself, I'd go with the Seagate or Toshiba, if not a Hitachi/IBM.  Right
now, I go with Seagate drives because of their long warranties (not that the
drives won't fail, but at least I get a brand-new replacement in 5 years if
they do fail for any reason).

adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/