Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:50:34 -0800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Libretto 100CT at 300Mhz?!?!?!

Jose, this has been done and well documented.
See this site:

http://www.fixup.net/tips/l100266.htm

Also, if you are going to do this, here is something else you may consider:

I don't know if anyone else saw this link from Vitaly,
http://chiba3.dip.jp/notepc/ss1000.html
But if you look at it you will see instructions for adding a USB port to the
Libretto ff1100V computer. Looking very carefully at it and comparing the
signals on the Port Replicator connector on the Lib L100 /L110 CT Notebooks, it
would appear you could do the same thing to these. From the Libretto manual,
page 211, Table C-2 Docking Interface connector pin assignments (140-pin)(3/3),
pin 93 is "USBDP", or USB Data positive; and pin 94 is "USBDN", or USB Data
Negative. By finding a suitable +5V and Gnd point, these are the 4 signals
needed for the USB port.

To make it look good, I think replacing the IR port with a USB connector would
make sense. I just bought a USB to IR adapter from Tiger Direct (free after
rebate) and tried it on my desktop with great success. Using this adapter, you
don't even lose the IR port after converting the Libby's IR port to a USB port.

Problem is, I don't have good enough tools to make the solder connections to
try this on the bench to see if it works.

Anyone have the ability to see if this would work?

You will have to use Babelfish from AltaVista unless you understand the
Japanese language.

Regards,
Dick Sullivan