Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:39:05 -0300
From: Jose Tavares <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto U100 - Taken off Toshiba Japan's website: New
        model soon?

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 21:18 -0800, John Liu wrote:
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:08:04 -0700
> From: John Liu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto U100 - Taken off Toshiba Japan's website: New
> model soon?
>
> I'd sure like it to have a better keyboard.  I've tried U100's in
> stores and just can't type well enough on the keyboard.  It seems
> smaller than the CT100 keyboard, or perhaps the vertical pitch of the
> keys (distance between rows) is smaller due to the pointing device
> placement.  Anyway I find it much harder to type on the U100, than on
> the CT100.  As a result I haven't been able to consider a U100.  The
> keyboard has also been roundly criticized in every mainstream review
> of the U100 that I've read.  Perhaps Toshiba is going to do something
> about this.

As a user of U105 and 70CT, I have to tell you that the plain format of the
keys is the worst..
In U100/105, que keys are plain and this is the problem.. It's more
difficult to find exactly where they are by just touching them.. In 70CT
the keys are deeper in their middle..
70CT mouse has a better placement too. I'm using an external usb mouse
everytime I find one available.. In my opinion, any mouse from notebooks
doesn't offer the agility from a desktop mouse..
And the screen.. U100 screen is incomparable .. Never seen anything like
that..

[]
JA Tavares