Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:31 -0800 (PST)
From: Matthew Hanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIB] Margi DVD-to-Go card works!

Libretto list info:
To unsubscribe:
http://www.mail-archive.com/libretto@basiclink.com/msg16212.html

This is my 3rd attempt to post this message.  I sent 2 from my hotmail on two
consecutive days.  Though later posts came through from poeple, my two never
made it back to me or to the archives.

I wish we could coax Dan to axe the old server software and get something new
installed that is stable for once.  One of you volunteered to set up up, well,
if you're still on the list.  I'd really like to get a petition going to see
how many people are tired of Dan's server software choking on SPAM all the
time, requiring him to manually go in and clean ot out.  Inevitably posts end
up lost in the process.

Anyway... let's see if this makes it to the list from this Yahoo account:

----------------------------------
>Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 20:59:53 -0000
>From: "Michael Heathcote" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> >Michael...  I found 2 options about disabling power saving in DVD-To-Go's
> >settings that were set 'on' by default.  I diisabled those two opitions
> >(not sure the difference between them), and was able to configure my
> >own custom ettings for when the system in powered by batteries.  Seems
> >to work fine so far.  I set the LCD brightness to the lowest setting, CPU
> >speed to the 1/4 point which seems to have the most affect when playing
> >video.
>
>Tried these two settings "Disable Energy save mode" and "Disable low power
>mode" but it appears to make no difference under my W98SE system, only
>audio playback when Power Save Mode is set to "Full Power Mode" only...

That's really odd.  We both have similar Librettos, are using the same W98SE
OS, ostensibly are using the same drivers... but it works for me and not for
you.  I wonder if comparing driver files in the same manner Avi & I compared
Stream.sys files would help.  I'm not that technically savvy, and can't find
any referent of them in Device Manager, but these seem to be the related files:

Pwrsave.cnt
Pwrsave.cpl
pwrsave.exe
Pwrsave.hlp
Pwrsave.ico
Pwrsave.vxd

And it looks like the Toshiba driver package was named: L100ctrl.exe

I can't seem to find any other Toshiba driver package in my archives that
contains the same power saving files specifically for the 110.

And I have L100ctrl.exe filed in a folder labeled:

*  100CT W95 Toshiba Windows 95 Controls & FDD drivers

Toshiba never maintained a consistent method for naming their driver packages
from one Lib model to the next which can be frustrating as all get out.  And it
seems I had to install the W95/100CT driver package with the power saving files
onto my 110 to get power saving working properly.

> >Have you checked the data transfer rate from your PCMCIA external HDD
> >to the Libby's HDD Michael?  I'll bet it's faster than my USB2 external
> >HDD to the Lib's HDD via a USB2 PC card.
>
>No I have not as yet, but a long time with a 4GB file!!!...I'll have to run
>some tests.I have a USB2 external HDD as well but I will have to buy a
>Cardbus USB2 card to use with the Libretto.

I need to borrow on myself and do some testing.

> >How long have you been able to get your Libby to play DVD video on
> >batteries Michael?  I'll be interested to hear back from David Chien on
> whether or not he's going to try that battery pack rebuilding service.
>
>My initial tests have lasted 50 mins continuous playback with the extended
>battery pack. As my 100CT is new to me I don't know the history of the
>battery pack so I don't know if this is good or bad. In theory a battery pack
>from batteryrefill would last a full film as it appears that the rebuilt packs

>offer nearly double the capacity.

Double?  Last I checked over a year ago, the highest capacity cells that fit in
the Lib packs were 1600mah over the 1200mah originals.  Maybe there are new
ones out with higher capacity.

>I know I have said this before, but the playback quality on the Libretto
>screen is superb.If you have a 100 or 110CT, buy a DVD-to-Go card if
>you can, you won't be disappointed!

And you can get them for as little as $10 - $15 on EBay as I did!

Matt