Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:58:52 +0200
From: Philip Nienhuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Sold my Libretto 110CT - bought Asus S200N

Chris Hogan wrote:
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 07:38:43 +0100
From: "Chris Hogan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yeah -- I saw one of these in an airport shop a couple of years ago and got
excited (sad, eh?!), but was put off by the max 512 ram. But Philip's 1gb
chip worked, now that's really got me thinking again.

...if you can still get one.

BTW to be precise, the max was not specified as 512 but as 768 MB (256 built-in + max 512 expansion - probably the biggest known module at that time). So, maybe even bigger RAM modules than 1 GB will become available in the future - who knows.

Note: the (shared) video memory is included in this number; with 512 MB that amounted to 8 MB, with 1280 MB it was automagically adjusted to 32 MB. Couldn't find BIOS settings to influence this manually.

All I can say is that I'm quite happy with my JVC XP741.

P.