On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Reuben Thomas wrote:

This is a function of libltdl, which comes with libtool. I use it in GraphicsMagick.

I read the documentation for libltdl before posting originally, but I couldn't see how to do what I wanted. Can you explain, please? In particular, I couldn't see how to link using libltdl instead of the normal linker without changing my source.

I see what you want to do. The intention of libltdl is to provide a portable replacement for dlopen() while also supporting static compilation. By loading a library/module with global scope, you may achieve some success, but initialization becomes highly order dependent and subsequent library/module loads wil fail if their symbol dependencies are not satisified. Using libltdl requires source changes.

Bob