On 2022-02-06 16:43:47 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> it requires more than a MITM to be successful. you'd also have to
> come up with a sha1 collision which is non-trivial for most people.
> not out of the reach of nation states, but we prob aren't the target
> market :p.

I don't understand why you would need a sha1 collision, while you
don't have a sha1 to compare with: say, the current local status is
at a commit common to the real repository and to a fake repository,
then the remote repositories diverge: with a "git fetch" only, how
can you distinguish the real new commits and the fake new commits?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>