On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 04:21:07PM +0200, Jiri Denemark wrote:
[...]
> > > Slightly related, I don't think we have a way to list CPU features
> > > supported by QEMU over QMP, do we? "-cpu ?" will show them all, but I
> > > couldn't find a QMP command that would give me the same list.
> >
> > device-list-properties should return all the properties you can
> > set. But I recommend that you don't make libvirt set any of the
> > properties in the list unless: 1) you know what it does; or 2) it
> > is returned by a query-cpu-model-expansion call.
>
> The use case was for pre-checking whether all CPU features specified in
> domain XML are supported by current QEMU binary. What parameters would
> I need to use for device-list-properties? And would it work with
> -machine none?

You just need the right QOM type name (in x86 it is
"<model>-x86_64-cpu" or "<model>-i386-cpu"). I will send a patch
that includes a "qom-type" field in CpuDefinitionInfo
(query-cpu-definitions) so you know what's the right QOM type
name to query.

I think device-list-properties won't work with an abstract base
type like "x86_64-cpu" or "i386-cpu". But I think it's better
query the right class name for the CPU model you plan to use,
anyway (this way architecture code will be able to have different
CPU models supporting different sets of options, if necessary).

--
Eduardo