On Thu, 2016-09-29 at 15:20 -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> In the absense of anything configurable, we will need to pick a number
> though. I've done that here, and now we can argue about it (or not :-)

Ján raised an interesting point: whatever number we choose,
no matter how wrong doing so is, some user or application
will end up relying on us providing at least that many
hotpluggable ports, so there's no going back.

For that reason, I would recommend leaving just a single
empty hotpluggable port for now, and raise the number in
the future if we find out that one's definitely not enough.