On 11/28/2016 03:06 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I'm late <grin/> so I think that if we don't want to slip too much
the best would be to enter freeze tomorrow (Tuesday) then have RC2
around Thursday and a release over the week-end.

Are you saying you want to freeze tomorrow *morning* your time (ie. before they "mess with" your internet), or tomorrow *afternoon* (when it will of course be working properly again)?

I had hoped to push the series "qemu: assign vfio devices to PCIe addresses when appropriate" for this release,

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-November/msg00964.html

but by the time I got back from the long Thanksgiving holiday and caught up enough with my email to get to Andrea's reviews, it was too late in the day to have a discussion with him about his question here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-November/msg01204.html

He didn't give a NACK for putting that function in now (rather than using stat() directly), but also didn't give an ACK. My opinion is in my response:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-November/msg01402.html

in short, I would rather add the (simple) new function now to promote its use, anticipating that it will be expanded as necessary when it is used in more places.

As long as this is okay and that patch can be ACKed, I have the minor modifications for the other 3 patches ready to go and can push with a few moments' notice.

As usual, don't screw up your schedule just to accomodate me, but if you can try pinging me on IRC prior to freezing (just in case I'm awake and I've gotten a response about that patch and can push), that would be appreciated (do go ahead and freeze if I don't respond)

P.S. to Andrea - I will write a NEWS file entry, but I guess that can be safely pushed after Daniel freezes :-)

  That said they are supposed to mess with my internet tomorrow morning
and I'm travelling till the end of the week, but the above plan should
be doable. Hope that's okay with everybody.

  Then usually December is a low productivity month, and Feb is short,
so it is tempting to do like for previous years i.e. release mid-january
and end of Feb, except the Jan release will be 3.0.0.

    Works for everybody ?

Daniel