On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrha...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Testing qemu-2.10-rc2 shows issues like:
>   qemu-system-x86_64: -drive file=/var/lib/uvtool/libvirt/images/kvmguest-
> \
>   artful-normal.qcow,format=qcow2,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0:
>   Failed to lock byte 100
>
> It seems the following qemu commit changed the needs for the backing
> image rules:
>
> (qemu) commit 244a5668106297378391b768e7288eb157616f64
> Author: Fam Zheng <f...@redhat.com>
>     file-posix: Add image locking to perm operations

Additional Note (but not part of the patch description):
I thought at first I'd be on the "old kernel but new glibc" case of [1] in
qemu.
But as explained in the patch it turned out that instead my kernel was new
enough and instead I ran into apparmor denials.

Even if that change would be accepted in qemu we would still need the
apparmor fix I proposed here, but it is valid context that people might be
interested in.

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-block/2017-07/msg01294.html