Hi again,

Le jeudi 11 janvier 2018 à 18:08 +0100, Benjamin Cama a écrit :
> Upping an interface without configuring it is not a “cardinal sin” but a
> sensible way to achieve auto-configuration, e.g. with IPv6 SLAAC (RFC
> 4862). If NetworkManager has troube with interfaces having only a
> link-local address, this is a bug in NetworkManager, not in libvirt; it
> should listen for router advertisements to decide if some interface has
> global connectivity or not.

To better understand my rant, a bit of context with the original patch
proposal (whose message is also contained in the commit I pointed to):

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-April/msg01062.html

If you wonder why I react so late, this is because libvirt 3.0.0 landed
in Debian Stretch (Jessie had 1.2.9!), and I just recently upgraded to
it.

> With network interfaces up by default, stateless containers can be
> easily auto-configured through the network with SLAAC, without any
> specific configuration from the host system.

Of course, as a workaround I can use "<link state='up'/>", but I think
it ought to be the default, hence my request.

--
Benjamin Cama - Tél : 258