v1: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2018-March/msg01295.html

NB: This can wait until 4.2.0 is release, but I figured I'd post this
    now just to put it on the radar and of course in hopes that someone
    will look during the idle moment or two before the release.

Changes since v1:

 Short story: Rework the processing of the code

 Longer story:

 In his review Erik noted that there's a "fire dance" when processing
 the vir*Obj*Remove APIs of requiring a locked object upon entry, then
 adding a reference to that object, unlocking the object, locking the
 list to which it is contained, and then relocking the object.

 So it took some time to think about it and during one lengthy meeting
 today I had the aha moment that the *Remove API's could take the same
 key (e.g., uuid or name) used to Add or Find the object and use it for
 the Remove API. This allows the Remove API to not require a locked (and
 reffed) object upon entry and perform the lock dance, remove the object,
 and return just just a reffed object forcing the caller to know to Unref
 object.

 Instead, let's simplify things. The *Remove API can take the key, Find
 the object in the list, remove it from the hash tables, and dispose of
 the object. In essence the antecedent to the Add or AssignDef API's
 taking a def, creating an object, and adding it the object to the hash
 table(s). If there are two *Remove threads competing, one will win and
 perform the removal, while the other will call *Remove, but won't find
 the object in the hash table, and just return none the wiser.

 And yes, I think this can also work for the Domain code, but it's going
 to take a few patch series to get there as that code is not consistent
 between consumers.

John Ferlan (9):
  secret: Rework LoadAllConfigs
  secret: Alter virSecretObjListRemove processing
  interface: Alter virInterfaceObjListRemove processing
  nodedev: Alter virNodeDeviceObjListRemove processing
  conf: Clean up virStoragePoolObjLoad error processing
  storage: Clean up storagePoolCreateXML error processing
  test: Clean up testStoragePoolCreateXML error processing
  conf: Move virStoragePoolObjRemove closer to AssignDef
  storagepool: Alter virStoragePoolObjRemove processing

 src/conf/virinterfaceobj.c         | 26 +++++++----
 src/conf/virinterfaceobj.h         |  2 +-
 src/conf/virnodedeviceobj.c        | 29 +++++++-----
 src/conf/virnodedeviceobj.h        |  2 +-
 src/conf/virsecretobj.c            | 58 +++++++++++-------------
 src/conf/virsecretobj.h            |  2 +-
 src/conf/virstorageobj.c           | 92 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 src/conf/virstorageobj.h           |  2 +-
 src/node_device/node_device_hal.c  | 16 ++++---
 src/node_device/node_device_udev.c | 13 ++++--
 src/secret/secret_driver.c         | 15 ++++---
 src/storage/storage_driver.c       | 65 +++++++++++++++------------
 src/test/test_driver.c             | 78 +++++++++++++++++---------------

2.13.6