On 2/22/19 2:06 AM, David Kiarie wrote:
     > i did this as part of GSoC. there was no contract.

    I'm not entirely sure, but we might want to ask the SuSE folks whether
    they agree.

i guess you can do that. my mentor was jim, he's around libvirt a lot.

David is correct. There was no contract between him and SUSE. His work in the xl<->xml converter was done under a broader GSoC project.

It sounds like the main grievance is the SUSE copyright in src/xenconfig/xen_xl.{ch} and tests/xlconfigtest.c. I suppose that came by way of copy-and-paste from other files. I'd be more than happy to send a patch removing the SUSE copyright from those files if that will put closure to this issue.

Regards,
Jim